- Can I write whatever we want because of my First Amendment right to freedom of speech?
- My coworkers are hurt because I did not confront them privately, person-to-person.
- Some people thrive on the idea that they have an audience for their drama. That's one reason why online profiles are popular.
- People become fearless when writing on a computer, ignoring the fact that their is a world of people that might read it.
- My parents should know about this issue, as should my supervisor.
- I should make myself a promise to be reflective about the information that I share online and I should honor that promise.
- Think before I write and click.
- I should make a deal with myself to only write about social stuff, no professional information allowed. Create a "vision" for the blog.
- Keep gossipy comments to myself.
- Talk to my employer about company policies surrounding Internet and the workplace.
- Consider it part of your job to keep professional information within the organization.
- To fix the problem, I could remove or delete the comments.
- I could apologize to my coworkers personally, and ask them whether they want me to make a public apology through the same medium that got me into trouble in the first place.
- To raise awareness as part of a public service or to share my experience, I could contact the newspaper, find information on the Internet.
- Make all employees read and sign the company's ethical code regarding using the Internet, including consequences if they fail to comply.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Caught blogging about our job and our coworkers!
Case 3: You complained about work, your employer, and your coworkers on your blog and/or comments wall. Your workplace saw what you did and now you are in trouble. What are the issues?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment